FLYING OVER AMSTERDAM DURING SUNSET: FOR THOSE WITH A LOVE FOR TRAVELLING.

I've been away for a month, and in a blink of an eye I find myself back somewhere familiar. Back to the place which marks the significance of my travels. Like all other transits, Abu Dhabi International Airport tells the story that I have made it half way between my home and where I was only yesterday.  Except this time I'm not going to Sydney, India, or Tokyo. I'm going home. But just being here, amongst you strangers with homes, memories, and potential futures makes me feel somehow alright to be done with my travels early, because I know I'll be back, half way, in transit, once more. Travelling is what makes me feel human, real. Travelling makes me feel like a citizen of the world, rather than one of a city or town. I am not fixed to any society, I am just a part of the world.
To roam airports and cities all alone, to see people of all kinds from all over this little planet gives me the most beautiful, sonderous feeling combined with desperate and continuous wanderlust. For every flight there is a Veronica I got to know in ten hours, she has been to Thailand, Bali. There is a Michael who is constantly travelling to Poland to visit his family from Sydney, who I got to know in fourteen. For every hour spent in a strange and foreign airport I learn something new about myself.
So if you are filled with wanderlust and you're young, wise beyond your years, had a little taste of the world and now only craving to see more of it like me, keep finding ways to travel no matter what, and never give up.

2014