Here in Sydney I had an early family Christmas on the 22nd, (which was lovely).
I spent Christmas Eve last night on Darling Harbour, it was pretty busy and crowded due to it's central location and because of the fire-works show that was planned. My night consisted of white wine spilling all over my leather satchel, after an hour of waiting finally watching the show, followed by sushi.
This was the first time in my life (surprisingly) that I have spent Christmas away from London and my family.
Unfortunately the weather hasn't been sunny and hot like I had hoped, because then we could've stereotypically gone to the beach on Christmas. Instead, it's cloudy with mild rain... how boring.
Overall, this year it didn't really even feel like Christmas, and I wasn't excited at all. Maybe it's because of my age, or just being away from over-enthusiastic Christmas-loving London and all my friends/family. I think it may just be the excitement over Australia overshadowing the Christmas excitement, and I can live with that!
Merry Christmas from Yung Gurl.
[photos by yung gurl]

